Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We'll miss you Sarah....


Photo by Bill Carter

Sarah E.M. Becking was a great friend to me and all of the photo students at the University of Missouri. On July 7th she lost her fight to cancer. It's not f$%#ing fair. We'll miss you Sarah.

From her husband, Jason's, blog (http://becking.com/WordPress/)

Sarah Elizabeth Messer Becking, 1972-2008

July 8th, 2008

Sarah died yesterday afternoon, July 7, 2008, in Kenner, Louisiana. She was 36 years and 1 month old, and left us way too damned soon. She encountered more complications early that morning, which caused both lung and blood pressure difficulties. They were able to stabilize her a couple of times, but only briefly. Despite the fight she put up and the hard work of the nurses and doctors, we simply lost her too soon.

She was a loving wife, a great friend, had a happy spirit, saw the best in people, and was an outstanding mother. The kids and I are in Malden now, will be returning to Columbia tomorrow. Sarah’s mom and dad are en route to Columbia now to be with her brother and his family.

There’s simply nothing about it that seems fair or right, but I guess that’s why they call it fate. Perhaps the incident two years ago was simply a wake up call so we could fully appreciate these past two years, which we certainly did.

Arrangement planning has not begun, really, but I would expect services on Friday or Saturday in Columbia. I appreciate all the notes and phone calls of support and offers to help. I will clearly need help, as will the kids. They need their mom and I can’t do that.

I close this e-mail the way I’ve ended most phone conversations, go hug your friends and family.

Sarah loved you all, and I appreciate that love flowing back toward us now.

Give Me a Thumbs Up!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

All Content © Matthew P. Cavanah